Friday, March 7, 2008

Mississippi




Corey and I just got back from a serve project in Mississippi last week with church. We had a great time. We worked on a total of 11 projects during the week. I tore off siding and put new siding up, cleaned a new home, and my least favorite job insulating. Corey did a lot of building projects like installing cabinets, building a porch, odd jobs, and keeping everyone else busy. It's just amazing to hear the stories of the people down there and what they went through during Katrina. I was standing by the Gulf and a homeowner was telling us right where we were standing there was 40 feet of water WOW hard to believe. The weather was nice only one cold day and very windy - can't complain we weren't in MI. We had one free day so some of us went into New Orleans for the afternoon. We met up with my cousin Chad, he's working down there building new homes. It was nice to see him and hear his stories about living there. We then headed down to Bourbon Street. I'm glad I got to see it, but I don't need to go back again. On the way back we rode down by the coast there are a few new houses being built, but you mostly see cement slabs where house use to stand. It was a great trip. The girls had fun at Uncle Brandon and Aunt Kristin's house and Grandma De Vries' house. We were all glad to be back home.

No comments: