Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

I didn't have the best Mother's Day this year. I came down with the flu on Saturday and I was out for the count that day. I spent most of the day in bed or in the bathroom. We were suppose to go to my brother and sister-in-laws that night for Mother's Day. I didn't end up going, but Corey and the girls went. Sunday morning I felt a little better, but I stayed home from church with Brooke and Ashley. We had to go for lunch at Mom and Dad De Vries' I felt good enough to go so we all went. We were there probably a half hour and Brooke thou up all over so we cleaned her up and I took her home. We spent the rest of the day in bed. The girls were so excited to give me their gifts. Brooke wrote a poem and two other books which were sweet. I gave Corey a list of things that I would like for my Birthday/Mother's Day. I wrote down mini van and a camera. I opened the gifts and I got a hot wheel mini van, disposable camera, and a new chip for my camera. To tell the truth I was a little up set that Corey got me "cheap" gifts. Next year I think I need to be more specific . After stirring for a while Corey brought in another gift. He bought me a new camera I was sooo happy!!! Finally a nice camera to take pictures with, now I just need to learn how to use it. I'm so thankful for my 3 wonderful daughters and a great husband.

No comments: