Friday, May 21, 2010

Meet Whiskers

Since we moved here Corey always wanted to get a pet. Last summer we had this nice cat that would come by every now and then and was very good with the girls. We have not seen him since the fall so we figured something happened to him. Corey wanted to get a pig yes a pig I said there is no way we are getting a pig. He promised the girls a kitty this summer. I'm not to fond of cat's so if we got one I told Corey I'm not going to take care if it, plus I'm allergic to them. Lastnight we were by the in-laws working on the garden and Corey came later with a seven week old kitty. He seen a sign on 96th Street that they had free kitten's, so he stopped by and picked up one. The girls faces were priceless when they seen it. I have to admit it's so cute. Kenzie was in heaven with this kitty, she kept her eyes and hands on her the whole time. We got home and put it in a little box for the night and Kenzie had a make sure she said her bedtime prayers to the kitty - so sweet. They woke up this morning and opened the box and Whiskers jumped out. I had two girls in my room screaming that the kitty got out and didn't want to get out until I put it back in the box. I spent most of the day watching the kitty. She kept jumping out the box so I put her in a big rubbermaid and by the end of the day she found her way out. She liked hiding under the chair and Kenzie cried every time she was under there thinking she would not be able to get out. At the end of the night she was playing around with a string and jumping around. We put her in the garage for the night and will probably stay there until she gets a little bigger to be outside.


1 comment:

Kate's Proud Mommy said...

You're a good Mommy!! I haven't given in yet. (: But, Kate isn't to the pleading point yet either. Cute pics!!